English Proficiency Scholarships (EPS)
AKFA University strongly believes that the English language certainly helps students to get knowledge in the field of study faster and in an effective way. Because students with high English Proficiency Levels have the advantage of understanding and learning of Lectures taught in English.
In order to motivate the students to study better and keep their knowledge at a high level, Akfa University decided to launch the following scholarship program for its future students.
Up to 20% Scholarship is offered to students based on their IELTS/TOEFL score:
- 5% Scholarship – Based on IELTS score of – 7
- 10% Scholarship – Based on IELTS score of 7.5
- 15% Scholarship – Based on IELTS score of 8
- 20% Scholarship – Based on IELTS score of 8.5 – above
* https://www.ets.org/s/toefl/pdf/linking_toefl_ibt_scores_to_ielts_scores.pdf – IELTS and TOEFL Total Score Comparisons
- Applicants must pass a scholarship screening by the department to maintain or upgrade the following semester depending on their test scores AND
- Present the language test score certificate equal to or higher than one of the scores above.
EPS are only given to applicants who apply every semester and pass the scholarship screening given by Academic Affairs.
- The awarded scholarship is valid for one semester and until the English certificate expires
- After the English certificate expires, the student can not apply for EPS unless he/she upgrades the test score. (For example, a student’s IELTS 7 certificate expired and he/she wants to apply for EPS again, in this case, a student can apply for EPS only with a higher score(7.5 or higher) than the previous test score. This score upgrade policy does not apply for those who have IELTS score 8 or higher)
- If a student receives a grade of C0 or below for anyone of the courses throughout a semester an average GPA below 2.0/4.3, the student is NOT eligible to apply for EPS in the next semester
- Students who have merit scholarships are still eligible to apply for EPS. In case they are awarded EPS, their total scholarship amount calculated as the total percentage of both types of scholarships (Max 100%)
※ Note: Test scores are valid only if the test date is within two (2) years from the document submission deadline.
Notes for Scholarships 1) The Scholarship policy may be subject to change or adjustment depending on the circumstances.
On 27 January 2021, representatives of AKFA University began to visit schools inRead More
Students of the AKFA University now have the opportunity to pay their tuition feesRead More