- PhD in Biochemistry (Sep 1986 – Mar 1993) – UCLA, CA, U.S.A.
- Dissertation: Structural studies on glutamine synthetase complexed with its transition state analog Advisor: Prof. David Eisenberg
- MS in Biochemistry (Mar 1984 – Feb 1986) – Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
- BS in Chemistry (Mar 1976 – Feb1984) – Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
- Professor (Apr 2010 – present), Gachon University School of Medicine
- Associate professor (Apr 2001 – Mar 2010) at the same college
- Assistant professor (Mar 1998 – Mar 2001) at the same college
- Research Fellow (Sep 1996 – Feb 1998), Korea Research Institute of Bioscience & Biotechnology
- Postdoctoral research fellow (Jun 1992 – Jul 1996), Brandeis University, Waltham, MA, U.S.A.
- Research Assistant (Sep 1989 – May 1992), Dept of Chemistry & Biochemistry, UCLA
- Teaching Assistant (Sep 1988 – May 1989), at the same college
- Teaching Assistant (Mar 1984 – Feb 1985), Dept of Chemistry, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
- Dean of Academic Affairs (2008-2010), Graduate Program of Gachon University School of Medicine
- Dean of Academic Affairs (1999-2002), Premedical Program at the same college
COMMITTEES AND EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Member of Scholarship Committee (2004-2007), Gachon University School of Medicine
- Member of Admission Auditing Committee (2007-2008), at the same college
- Member of the Preparation Committee for the Medical School Accreditation (2009-2010), at the same college
- Participated in the Workshop for Problem-Based Learning, and functioned as an instructor for PBL classes
- Participated in the Workshop for Team-Based Learning, and incorporated TBL in Biochemistry classes
- Jun G, Yeom JS, Hong JY, Shin EH, Chang KS, Yu JR, Oh S, Chung H, Park JW. (2009) Resurgence of Plasmodium vivax malaria in the Republic of Korea during 2006-2007. Am. J. Trop. Med. Hyg. 81(4), 605-610.
- Jun G, Seoh JY, Jung YJ, Jeon CH, Im JS, Park JW. (2009) Factors affecting reticulocyte enrichment by density gradient ultracentrifugation. Acta Haematol. 121, 207-211.
- Lee KS, Kim TH, Kim ES, Lim HS, Yeom JS, Jun G, Park JW. (2009) Chloroquine-resistant Plasmodium vivax in the Republic of Korea. Am. J. Trop. Med. Hyg. 80(2), 215-217.
- Ahn SY, Shin MY, Kim YA, Yoo JA, Kwak DH, Jung YJ, Jun G, Ryu SH, Yeom JS, Ahn JY, Chai JY, Park JW. (2008) Magnetic separation: a highly effective method for synchronization of cultured erythrocytic Plasmodium falciparum. Parasitol. Res. 102(6), 1195-1200.
- Yeom JS, Jun G, Chang Y, Sohn MJ, Yoo S, Kim E, Ryu SH, Kang HJ, Kim YA, Ahn SY, Cha JE, Youn ST, Park JW. (2006) Evaluation of a new fourth generation enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay, the LG HIV Ag-Ab Plus, with a combined HIV p24 antigen and HIV-1/2 O screen test. J. Virol. Methods. 137(2), 292-297.
- Lee SP, Jun G, Yoon EJ, Park S, Yang CH. (2001) Inhibitory effect of methyl caffeate on Fos-Jun-DNA complex formation and suppression of cancer cell growth. Bull. Kor. Chem. Soc. 22(10), 1131-1135.
- Brown JH, Kim KH, Jun G, Greenfield NJ, Dominguez R, Volkmann N, Hitchcock-DeGregori SE, Cohen C. (2001) Deciphering the design of the tropomyosin molecule. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 98(15), 8496-8501.
- Brown JH, Volkmann N, Jun G, Henshen-Edman AH, Cohen C. (2000) The crystal structure of modified bovine fibrinogen. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 97(1), 85-90.
- Liaw SH, Jun G, Eisenberg D. (1994) Interactions of nucleotides with fully unadenylylated glutamine synthetase from Salmonella typhimurium. Biochem. 33(37), 11184-11188.
- Liaw SH, Jun G. Eisenberg D. (1993) Extending the diffraction limit of protein crystals: the example of glutamine synthetase from Salmonella typhimurium in the presence of its cofactor ATP. Protein Sci. 2(3) 470-471.
- Received Best Teacher Award in Basic Medical Sciences, Gachon Medical School (Feb 2004) Obtained Korean Government Scholarship (Sep 1986 – Aug 1989)
- Military service as a member of the Presidential Force for the late President Park Chung-hee (Nov 1977 – May 1980)